Moms are the busiest people on the planet. From getting the kids off to school to going to basketball games to overseeing sleepovers, in addition to the moms who also work outside the home, a mom's feet never seem to stay still.
Mom stress is like no other stress and can impact on many areas of life such as work, family, and other relationships. Stress can cause Mom to experience frustration, have a short fuse, and lack of focus. For busy moms, stress management is a fundamental need.
Here are eight tips that can put some calm back in your day:
1. Make time for you. Without the kids. Its very important to maintain your own sense of self and sometimes this can be difficult to do when you never actually have any 'you' time. This could be losing yourself in a great short story or wandering the shops at the mall or making time for a pedicure. Whatever you think of when you think of a treat is what you need to organize.
2. Listen to calm, soothing music on the way to work, while at work, and while going to sleep. Music has a way of calming and soothing the mind body.
3. Practice deep abdominal breathing periodically throughout the day. Breath in deeply through the nose pulling the belly button toward the spine, hold for a few seconds, and then slowly release. Busy moms will be pleasantly surprised at how this simple technique can result in a more relaxed body and mind.
4. Exercise Needs To Be A Priority. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and manage your energy levels. It doesn't have to be a big deal. It could be bouncing on a mini trampoline while the kids watch TV or going for a walk or just deliberately parking further away so you get the chance to squeeze in a walk.
5. Eat Healthy. There are foods that promote calmness as well as foods that increase stress levels. Busy moms should ask themselves if they are consuming too much sugar or caffeine, and if they are getting enough protein. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables and staying away from refined and processed foods also help. Healthy eating is very important for any busy mom. Taking a look at your eating habits and making the necessary changes can result in increased optimal health.
6. Call a friend. It is always important to have at least one relationship where Mom can just vent and know that a listening ear and unconditional acceptance will be given.
7. Practice Thinking Calmly. Everyone has a favorite place that is peaceful, soothing, and calm. When stress levels increase, busy moms can take a mental break and visualize that special place. Mom can take note of the sights, sounds, and smells. It is important to continue to do this until relaxation is felt. Busy moms will notice that their stress level will be lower as well as more manageable.
8. Have a sense of humor. We all are familiar with the saying, "Laughter is the best medicine." This is so true! Be willing to laugh at personal mistakes, or a toddler's antics. Watch a funny movie. Share a joke with a friend. Lighten up! It will make such a difference.
Any busy mom can follow the above eight tips for a more stress-free life!
Moms need stress relief just like everyone else and now there is a site dedicated to moms that need some time out: http://www.momstressrelief.com is custom built for mothers to help them find proven stress management strategies just for them.